This is the K'NEX Exploring Machines Set. It contains 1,460 pieces and color-coded building instructions to build 30 different models. One really cool thing about this set is that it is so big, you can build 4 of each model type simultaneously. While I am guessing that this feature is targeted at educators, I think this increases the set's play-potential dramatically.
The models demonstrate the following mechanical devices:
• 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class leversThe set comes in a plastic storage case with dividers and lock-on transparent lid.
• Fixed, movable, compound, and block & tackle pulley systems
• Wheel and axles with the force applied to wheel and axle
• Inclined planes, screws, and wedges
• Spur, crown, sprocket, rack and pinion, transmission, and differential gear systems
Here's the K'NEX EDUCATION Exploring Machines set at Amazon.
Here is the K'NEX Exploring Machines Set at Edmund Scientifics.